Installation Process for a New Air Conditioner System
Have you been putting off that air conditioner replacement because you’re afraid it’s going to be a big, fat, hairy deal? We can sympathize. Fear of the unknown is common, whether you’re afraid of going to the dentist or afraid to open your credit card statement.
Fear no more! …at least, if you’re in need of a brand new air conditioning system. Tex-Perts Cooling & Heating would like to take the surprises and guesswork out of the entire process for you. We know everyone in San Antonio probably won’t choose us, but we still want to educate them about the process so that they aren’t nervous or unsure when it comes time to replace your air conditioner or HVAC system.
Proper installation is one of the only ways to ensure that your air conditioner unit works properly for its full life. Choosing the right size unit is another thing that can extend the life of your unit. Therefore, it’s very important that you choose an installation company that knows what they’re doing. Otherwise, you can have some big problems with the system within just a few years.
To help you out when the time comes, here are the steps involved in installing or replacing a residential or commercial air conditioner. Keep in mind that these are the steps we follow, but the company of your choice may do things a little differently.
- We first evaluate your home to see what the perfect system will be. We take a lot of things into account, including wall type, ceiling height, windows, appliances, insulation and square footage. Companies used to only worry about square footage, but we now know that there are many more factors that affect which air conditioning system is right for you.
- We’ll arrive at your home on the day and time that you’ve scheduled. We’ll do the instillation at your convenience, and we’ll make sure there’s plenty of time to complete the job and do it right. Our technicians will be on time and completely efficient answering questions that you have up to the moment we begin the installation process.
- Our technicians will take great care to protect your home inside and out. They’ll put on safety equipment and protective gear any time they need to come in your home, so that everything stays clean.
- We’ll begin by removing the system safely. The removal process is pretty simple, especially if you are getting a similar replacement. We will discard the system after we remove it so you have nothing to worry about.
- At this point, we do a complete inspection of your air conditioning system. We’ll look at the duct work and make sure that everything is in perfect working order before we add in new components. It doesn’t make sense to install new components in conjunction with old parts that won’t be completely efficient.
- Then, we’ll install the outdoor unit components. We’ll choose a great spot for the unit (if it’s a new installation) or make sure that the original location is still suitable. This is the step where you actually see a big part of the work being done.
- Everything on the outside will be tested to make sure it works like it’s supposed to. We have diagnostic tools that will tell us if everything is working properly as soon as everything is hooked up. If there is a problem, we can fix it on the spot so your installation goes off without a hitch.
- The next step is to install the thermostat inside. In some cases you can keep your current thermostat as long as nothing is wrong with it. You can also choose a programmable thermostat if you would like make your system even more energy efficient.
- Finally, your technician should do a final inspection and set you up on a suggested maintenance schedule. Your specific maintenance recommendations will have to do with the type of system you have and the size of your unit, among other things.
Before the job is done, your technician should teach you about your new system and let you know the best way to find the answers to your questions in the future, whether it be calling the service technician directly or consulting the manual.
Installing a new or replacement air conditioner doesn’t have to be a nightmare. It can be a painless process if you choose the right company, one that will communicate with you from start to finish, so make choosing the right company your first step!